Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Moms

I wanted to write something today
for my friends who's mom's have passed away,
I wanted to bless their heart.
And fill them with the blessing
this day has to offer (everyone)....
I would have to also say something
to those who's mom was abusive or neglectful
(the addicts and the abused themselves),
I would offer heart felt condolences,
and suggest that you give
what you always longed to receive.
Cry with those who cry.
Rejoice with those who rejoice.
Mourn with those who mourn.
I console myself
that my glory days of little bodies jumping on my bed
with half cooked eggs, cold toast and hand made cards
are no more,
but instead,
I have the blessing of beautiful humans
that love with the love God gave me to invest
and I have a husband who celebrates me,
as he can't celebrate his mom any more.
We are all together in this human condition
of growing up,
growing old,
dyeing
and (hopefully) being reborn.
This (as with all) is the day the Lord has made,
we will rejoice and be glad in it.
May all the peace, love, and joy
that was intended for you,
be yours today,
(there's lot's of unclaimed blessings out there)
may you seek the Giver,
and enjoy them.
Happy Mother's Day to all

c Kim Damon 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment