Saturday, November 26, 2016

...must focus on pretty things...

...must focus on pretty things... 
It's like the ticking of my internal clock. 
Too much loud, 
I tune it out or turn it off. 
Too much hateful, 
I tune it out or turn it off. 
Too many foolish lies 
being given credence as truth, 

same. 


But when I walk away, 

if it lingers 
(the negative, the hateful, the ugly) 
or if it's touching those I love,

I pray. 


I just read that 

"optimism can be the undoing of some" 
There must be a survival manual for hard stuff, 
we just can't live in denial 
(because it's not going away). 

I'm refreshed and renewed by the Lord, 

by reading the Bible, 
by talking and listening to him. 
But for sure, 

limiting my exposure to ugliness 

(in it's varied forms) 
is survival 101.

No comments:

Post a Comment