Wednesday, March 14, 2018

His Ways vs My Ways

I know,
I'm prone to doing things
my way,
and on my own.
I'm also prone to thinking I'm right,
But,
I also know,
I'm happier and things are better,
if I do things as God directs.

And I know His ways are higher than my ways,
and His thoughts are wiser than my thoughts.

So I surrender,
actively,
attentively,
obediently,
(full of trust)
I surrender.

I don't abandon, will;
I allow the attraction of Your will, Abba
to compel my direction.

Just as a right angle will always (naturally)
go right,
my frame may dictate my natural ways,
but as I surrender
(to the One who intentionally
and carefully crafted me
for His purposes)
my orientation is changed
and I have no limitations.

When I rest in His hands,
I'm at peace,
full of joy,
and feel God's favor.
I rejoice in my Maker's joy and purpose,
and I rest.
Moving by the rythm of His heart,
captivated by the beauty of His glorious love,
I am free.

1 comment: