Thursday, July 16, 2015

How's it feel to want?

How's it feel to want?
My brother used to say it when we were kids.
I'd say something like "I want some!"
and he'd say:
"How's it feel to want!?"
Well,
it still feels awful.

I was wanting this morning,
it was like a craving
then it occurred to me,
I have it,
under a pile of disorganization
is the space I need.

Then I wondered how many times
I'm wanting something,
and already have it.

Some times I want time,
but I waste time,
if I had more, I might waist more,
so the answer is to be a better steward of what I have.

Sometimes I want new clothes,
but when I do laundry and put everything away,
I find things that are new to me (for having been lost for so long).

Sometimes I want stuff because I'm afraid the stuff I have isn't enough,
but before it runs out, I have more.

The Lord is my shepherd,
I shall not want.

I shall not want.

I shall not want.

God is the supplier of all my needs,
but I take for granted much of what he gives me,
and am ungrateful.
and wanting, hurts.
It's born out of fear,
and pride,
and insecurity.

But when I look at how much God loves me,
and how good He is
and how He always takes such good care of me,
I never am in want.
\
As His child I lack no good thing.

Can we learn nothing from the loaves and fish?
Christ thanked His Father for the provision He had
and it was made (more than) enough.

I'm actually excited
to challange myself next time I want something,
to both thank God for what I have
and to check and see if I already have it!

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. ~Paul [written while in prison for His faith]

No comments:

Post a Comment