Monday, July 20, 2015

When God says "No"

There's no "candy free" isle for grown-ups.
I mean a place where we can avoid temptation.
It's really all out there;
the good, the bad and the ugly
and we must choose.

For most, if you can afford it
and it's within your grasp
and you want it
you should totally go for it!

But what if it's OK for others
but not for you?
What if it's destructive?
What if it only looks good
but it's not best?

What if God says "No'.

I don't care how nice a person says it,
if I hear the word "No",
my insides are ready to fight.
I'm angry
or I'm hurt
or I'm envious of those who get "it",
and I'm sad.

But what if God says "No"
because He wants to give you a Porch
and you were asking for a Pinto?
(No disrespect to the Pinto owners out there).
But we often set our sights too low.

The key in finding peace when you hear that word
is knowing when He says "No",
it always means "Yes" to something better.
Always.

A man named Paul said:
"and we know that God causes all things
to work together for good
to those who love God"

Now if you do not love God,
you do not know God,
because to know Him is to love Him.

He's that good.

There's a worship event happening next weekend.
It seems totally good.
It seems like something that would bless me so much.
It seems like a thing I would be helped by and I cant imagine "it" not being best for me.
But on the calendar that night is something I simply must do.
I have asked if I could somehow miraculously go,
but I need to be at peace with "No".

The trouble is,
there's not much joy in hearing that word.
Unless you know God,
and I mean love God!

Because as good as the worship night is,
I can trust that He is saying "Yes" to something better.
I cant (at this point) even see how this could be better,
but I trust God with my joy.
I trust God with my peace.
I trust God with all my moments,
so I rest when He tells me "No"
with full assurance,
He's also saying "Yes".

UPDATE: God made a way (He said "Yes") and I was able to go!
God is so cool! I told you "to know Him is to love Him". :)

No comments:

Post a Comment