Thursday, January 28, 2016

A beautiful thought

A beautiful thought from my study this morning: 
God does not need to be apologized for...
His passion is pure
his love is protecting and powerful
and every good and perfect thing comes from him.
Some may say "If God is so protecting, and loving, why do Christians suffer!?"
But all people suffer
(not by the hand of God,
rather as a result of this fallen world).
Those who believe, are given an indescribable peace
and even joy
in the midst of suffering.
Companionship and help in our deep grieving sorrows.
The worst thing on earth is not death,
it's separation from our loving God.
We who know this wonderful comfort
would go bravely into all trial,
being held and kept 
by the love and power of our king.
20 Encouraging Bible Verses
-The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Pro 18:10
-Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Prov 3:5-6
-So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
-Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. Jn 14:27
-“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” Jn 16:33
-God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though it's waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Ps 46:1-3
-For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2Tm 1:7
-I keep my eyes always on the LORD. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Ps16:8
-Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Ps 55:22
-Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1Peter 5:7
-You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Is 26:3
-As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him. Ps 18:30 (all of ps18 is so powerfully encouraging!)
-The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The LORD's right hand has done mighty things! The LORD's right hand is lifted high; the LORD's right hand has done might things!” Ps 118:14-16
-You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Away from me, you evildoers, that I may keep the commands of my God! Ps 119:114-115
-I am laid low in the dust; preserve my life according to your word. Ps 119:25
-My comfort in my suffering is this; Your promise preserves my life. Ps 119:50
-It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. Ps 119:71
-I call on the LORD in my distress, and he answers me. Ps 120:1
-May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ had so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ... Romans 15:5
-Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests of others. Phil 2:1-4


No comments:

Post a Comment