Thursday, July 28, 2016

Half Full or Half Empty?

My glass has never really been half full. 
Although, I associate with that kind of folk, 
because I'm hopeful. 
But to be honest,
I lack no good thing
and my cup is overflowing.
Even when things look bleak, 
it's because I was looking at the wrong things 
(or with the wrong perspective). 

This morning I read the key to fixing my perspective: 

Fix your thoughts on what is true, 
and honorable, 
and right, 
and pure, 
and lovely, 
and admirable. 
Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

It goes on to say then the God of peace will be with you.

Who doesn't want that?!

Oh, God.

Let me fix my thoughts
like setting the table
and come sit a while with me.
Let's have a meal
and chat over tea.

There's so much catching up to do.

Tell me everything I've missed
when I wasn't paying attention.

Here's my day,

I've cleared my schedule,
let's spend it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment