Thursday, October 20, 2016

Do you keep a list?

I started a list this week.
It's a list of promises.

If your dad said he'd take you to dinner.
And made plans to meet you on Friday,
but instead you made plans Friday
to do other things,
he would no longer be obligated
to take you to dinner.

We have a part to play in our Father's promises.
We don't "earn them"
we just "take him up on his offer".
I have a bad memory,
so I started writing his promises down
(because I don't want to miss out on all his cool offers!).
This was yesterday's promise:

"Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires."

There are ton's of desires in my heart.
As I thought about this offer,
I started thanking God
(when desires came to mind).
I thanked him for all the sweet gifts
he's given me in the past
and I talked with him about the things
I was longing for now.

I delighted in the fact
that he likes to give me good gifts,
and I know for sure,
that if it's best for me,
he will give me these gifts too. :)

What are some of the desires of your heart?
For that matter,
what are some of the promises you hold on to
(maybe I could add them to my list)?

No comments:

Post a Comment