Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Stolen Away

Stolen Away
I saw myself being picked up
and sitting on the Fathers lap.
My head resting on His chest.
I knew this time had been given to me.
I knew the Father stole me away
and brought me to a spacious place.
All attempts at pulling me back
were deflected.
This was His time
with me.
Time to eat honey
and wild locust.
Time to refocus.
Time to listen,
just to listen…
and be refreshed.
Still the picture of sitting on His lap…
”She’s mine!”
His hand holding others away.
Togetherness.
Adoring.
Safety.
Focused.
Protected.
Still water.
Powerful covering.
So close I feel His heartbeat.
Affection received.
Demands only a distant noise.
I am growing stronger
as I rest.
Weeping
from loves focus,
truth penetrating,
deeply
to affect my core.
Lies and masks exposed,
removed,
made powerless.
Identity, restored.
Nothing demanded,
love exchanged.
Stillness.
Hope growing,
peace that sustains.
Empowerment
fear crushed
and faith growing from the ashes.
Unshakable vision
that sustains
and changes vision
like glasses
for the inferior sight,
clarity.
Truth,
light,
love.

c Kim Damon 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment