Thursday, August 22, 2013

Everything Else

Since he did not spare even his own Son

but gave him up for us all,

won’t he also give us everything else?


I so-pose some may use this for

Prosperity preaching…

To assure us

Of all our dreams

Our wealth

And, well…

Prosperity.


But when I read this,

I feel my Fathers hand

on my shoulder.

I feel His reassurance.


Reassurance…


Funny, cause He already assured me

But now,

He reassures me…


He will give me all I need

“everything”!

Emotional support

When I’m low,

Encouragement

When I cant hear the truth,

Comfort

When I’m grieving,

Steadying when I falter

And my footing feels weak.

Hope when I look down,

So much more to see

Then I focus on

at times.


I haven’t missed out.

I lack nothing.

I’m not a victim.

I haven’t got second best.


Since he did not spare even his own Son

but gave him up for us all,

won’t he also give us everything else?

There is no good thing I lack.

If I wanted it

And don’t have it

I have better

The One who gave me life

And created the ability

To feel joy and peace

Said he would give me everything


If there’s something more than everything,

I don’t want it.


Thank you

Father

Thank you

c Kim Damon 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment