Thursday, August 15, 2013

What do you see?

Does God see me
apart from my sin?
He could not love me
if He saw me
the way I see myself.
He could not use me
if He judged me
the way I judge
myself.

Tears.

But it's not about me
except that He covers me.
It's not about me
except that He washes me.
It's not about me
except that He qualifies me.
It's about Him
and His love for the broken,
the foolish,
and humble.

All have sinned
and fall short
but only some
realize
how far they have fallen,
how much they lack,
how desperately they need
forgiveness,
and how constantly they need grace.

My sin may differ from others
or maybe not
but we all like sheep have gone astray
and our great God
has come to seek and save the lost.
Easy enough to trust the moment of salvation,
easy enough to rest in the shepherd
carrying the wounded home on His shoulders,
but to trust the process
 of sanctification,
to rest in His abundance of grace,
poured out liberally,
to forgive self,
as often as He forgives me,
this is hard.

Only the truth of God's Word
can combat the doubt
birthed
by condemning voices.
I wont dignify the enemy
by giving him credit for my doubt.
I am just as capable of condemning
myself as the enemy.

God give me the view
You have of things.
Renew my understanding
of my place in Your plan.
Of my security
in Your will.
Father,
hold me so tight
that I can not be pulled away.

Is this the hunger and thirsting for
righteousness
that will be
satisfied by your feast?
Will You one day
come and banish fear and doubt,
along with sin and death?
Shine Your light
in the darkness I feel.
Illuminate the
blinding night.
God arise,
and let Your enemies be scattered.
And let me be found
able to stand,
enabled by Christ.

Dear one,
you tremble at my Word.
Fear will vanish
as it melts away,
destroyed by truth.
Only let your fears
take you to My Word,
no further.
No other direction.
My Word holds all
things together.
My Word created all things
My Word
spoken into the darkness
created the light.
Fear is banished
in the light of My love.
Separate yourself
unto Me,
(in your heart and mind)
keep sacred things sacred.
Set apart for my use,
cleansed by the blood of Christ,
and ready for service,
service to the King.
Stay ready,
watch and pray,
guard your heart and mind.
Only by meditating on my Word
and spending time in prayer
will you be ready
in every season
to extinguish
the firey darts of the enemy,
the condemning attack.
The seeds of doubt
are sewn by the enemy
and sewn by neglect
of my Word.

c Kim Damon 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment