Monday, August 12, 2013

One day I want to be ready

I want to be ready,
to be part of the faithful remnant.
I want to be wearing
fine linen,
bright and clean.

I want to be at the wedding supper
of the Lamb
to behold
Faithful and True,
riding on His white horse.

I want to look into His blazing eyes
to behold the beauty.
I want to watch as heavens armies
dressed in white linen
follow upon white horses.

I want to fall down before the
great white throne
and worship the
One seated on it.

I want my name written
in the book of life,
and when my stories read...
and I'm judged
according to what I've done,
I want my Father to be pleased.

One day...
I want to behold the new heaven and earth
to enjoy God
as His dwelling place
is among His people.

Please God,
save me from all I see,
all that denies
all that I hope for.
All that
pulls me away
from these things
I long for.

This longing for
beacons me
to come away,
yet the earth,
clamors
and competes
for my affection.

Keep me faithful
you deserve nothing less
than my complete devotion.
Nothing less
than all my adoration.
Keep me,
Lord,
guard me,
lest I be lured away
by the desires
of my flesh.

Is this every believers fear?
Is this their longing and desire?
Do they all have more confidence
in all they hope for,
than I?
Or do they tremble
at your Word
at the gap
(so great)
between
what will be
and all
I can see.

God let what's real
(that I behold so dimly)
consume all
that I see on earth.
God save me.
Please fix me.
Surely I'm not broken
beyond your ability to repair.

God speak to the
fears and doubt
inside me,
calm the waters
and let your peace
bring rest
to my heart

One day I want to be ready

c Kim Damon 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment