Friday, March 7, 2014

Facebook

I hate facebook
I hate the side of me that loves it.
I hate the fact that it never satisfies
And I hate that I keep turning to it.

I know why it's so addictive.
I've distilled the craving,
I know what I want
and I know why
face-book cant give it to me.

I long for acceptance.
I long for love.
I long for encouragement.
I long for belonging.
I long for connection

But honestly,
it's like going to a fast food joint
and expecting a five star meal.
It's just not going to happen.
You will get something
but not high quality
and most of the time
it makes me feel sick.

If I go there to serve
it's slightly less damaging.
But let's face it
If you went to McDonald's
to serve food
and you happen to find yourself
hungry,
You will be tempted
by the sights and smells
designed to allure.

So where do I go?
I only have a few minutes
and there's no God-book.

Wait.

What would happen?
If I changed my behavior?
If I took my constant cravings
to God-book?

Try it
just for a day
and let me know.

c. Kim Damon 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment