Thursday, August 27, 2015

A dear friend asked me what "Miss Kim" likes (my daycare name).

I wrote something today (inspired by you): What does Miss Kim like? Quickly I answered “ART!”, but as I contemplate the query I felt, as usual, the quick answer did not dignify the full truth, so I gave it some thought. I let it challenge me (I love to be challenged!) so that, should go on the list! I like and love so many things: I like to be challenged, I love art, creating (with anything at hand): music, paintings, jewelry, cookies, sewn pieces and with new elements come new creating, new creations, I love writing, teaching, listening, learning, I love children and how they soak up love without reserve, I like hello kitty (I think it's a throw-back to my little girl self), I like to take long rides on my Harley, I love the sun-set, the sun rise, the sun in my eyes (I close them and tilt my head back and just soak up the love and favor of God) I love the Lord, I love my family, I love my friends, friendship in general, I love being transparent (the more I am real, the more it gives others the freedom to be real), I love passing on the gifts I'm given, I love to give, and to teach giving, I love to see what others do creatively and I love to affirm others. I like liverwurst sandwiches with sweet pickles, Very spicy Mexican food, warm brownies under ice-cream, hot fudge, whip cream and a cherry, I like black coffee, guarded secrets, praying for friends, and giving the help I've gotten, I like forget-me-nots (maybe because of the meaning as well as their delicate beauty) I like to laugh, to tell jokes, to do what seems unconventional, to break out of the box others create and to make people think about deep, real, beautiful things, I like to enjoy every drop of the half filled glass, I like that there is always a bright side. I like to not give up! To strive, to grow and learn. I like to smile when no-one is around, I believe God does that when he looks at us. I like that when I'm down, I know where my strength is found, and I'm called there, and I'm refreshed. I like it when my friends forgive my mistakes, and I like to ignore my friends mistakes and I like that God is like that as He sees us hidden with Christ and clothed in his righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment