Wednesday, November 12, 2014

I Choose Hope

Is hope harder than worry?
Is it easier to imagine the worst
and let it torment you?
Or is the fear of being disappointed
keeping me from hope;
from imagining God
bringing about my good?

God rescue me from the despair of fears.
Birth hope.
I believe you desire me to hope.

Forgive me for preferring
to make peace with poverty
rather than to hope for prosperity.
It's not the abundance of money I long for.
It's the lavish
abundant joy in your presence.
That is wealth
and that is what I long for.
Hope                                                                              
God I choose hope.                                                        
All my hope is in you.
Right now, I surrender
my imagination to your will.
I purpose to hope.
To pray and believe
you are a rewarder
of those who diligently seek you.
c. Kim Damon 2014

Photo credit: Created by Kris Rozelle
FREE 2.14.15 Photomontage digital collage
What it would look like to be free from all

No comments:

Post a Comment