Saturday, October 2, 2010

Learned~Forgotten

I Have Learned & I Have Forgotten


I have been a Christian
for 26 years
in that time I have learned some
very important things,
unfortunately,
in that time,
I have also forgotten
some very important things…

I have learned:
God is near…
God is powerful…
God loves people…
God’s way is the best way…
Pride sneaks up on me…
I am tempted easily…
I am a clay pot…
God has more forgiveness
than I have sins...
I always think I’m right…
God is infallible, I am not…
If God said it, it’s true...

At times I forget:
How much He loves me…
How much He paid for me…
How often He thinks of me…
That He will never leave me
or forsake me…
That we win…
That He is for me…
That there is a great cloud of
Witnesses rooting for me…

I have learned, God helps me
And I can do anything
When He helps me.
I have learned to give God glory.
I sometimes forget to give God glory.
I have learned I am forgiven
I forget that sometimes too.
I have learned…
(so many times) I have learned
Nothing satisfies but Jesus!

And lastly,
the most important thing I have learned…
the way to have the most joy
for the longest period of time
with out fail
is to live
in loving relationship
with Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment