Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Moment of Reflection

A Moment of Reflection From Isaiah 53

by Kimberly Damon on Monday, March 29, 2010 at 12:49pm

He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, 
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him...
I pictured walking by, not being attracted to him,
but his eyes captured me.
I was filled with love,
inescapable, arresting, love.
I couldn’t take my eyes off Him.
I longed to live in those loving eyes.
Is this why they blindfolded you when they beat you?
Could they not bare to look into those eyes?
Like one from whom men hide their faces...
They just couldn’t bare to behold your deep,
deep love.
I paused and couldn’t walk by.
All time stopped, all else in life disappeared,
It was just you
and the eternity of creative,
redeeming,
rescuing,
protective,
compelling,
love.
I longed for it.
It called to me.
I found it all in the gaze of your loving eyes.
All life was wrapped up in this moment,
Please, may I stay, I thought.
Then I realized it was you who stopped my motion,
you stood still capturing me,
longing to stay with me,
and share the moment.
You were not on your way somewhere else,
you had been waiting,
watching,
calling me,
all with this look,
all in your eyes,
the window to your loving soul.
Surely you took up my infirmities,
And carried my sorrows.
You were pierced for my transgressions,
and crushed for my iniquities,
I want to pour salve on your wounds
And weep at your feet.
Thank you my champion,
My Hero,
My King,
I was unable,
you accomplished, what I could not.
I was a failure,
But you qualified me.
Thank you my hero,
My King.
I was an orphan,
You adopted me and put me in a family.
You were punished to bring me peace,
You were wounded that I might be healed.
I was lost like a sheep,
and had gone astray.
Yet, you like a lamb were silent
and led to slaughter.
by this oppression and judgment,
I was set free.
My light of life,
You have made me righteous
And justified many
You poured out your life
unto death,
To give me life.
The reality of this love,
is clearly seen,
as I look into your eyes.
I worship you my Champion and King 

No comments:

Post a Comment