Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ungrateful Children


How many gifts in each moment
can you receive without becoming
unconscious of them?
Immune to the joy intended by the giver?
Would less gifts be better?
Would the giver then be blamed
for the generosity shown to the thankful?
If the giver shows no favoritism,
should we reconsider what gifts are around us
in each moment,
and take stock?
See our selves as ungrateful children,
who use and abuse and discard.
Trampling treasures under foot,
with out regard for the gift or the giver.
Repentance…
Father, thank you for time,
it’s a gift…
I want to take it up
from under my feet.
Wash it off
with the forgiveness of Christ
and cherish it.
I want to use each second
in a grateful expression of my love
for the giver…
Father, thank you for work…
It is such an undervalued treasure.
Help me to do the good work
you planned, before the creation of all things,
for me to do.
Let me not labor in vein,
but let your glory be seen in my joy
and excellence.
Let me do all for your exaltation,
in a life of worship to you.
Father, thank you for my family...
These are not people with issues.
These are lives and souls you desired me to invest in.
Lives braded together with mine
in this life journey.
Let the chords we display
make a melody pleasing to you.
as we are touched by your loving hands.
Our symphony of life is intertwined integrally
with our co-workers and friends.
May the worship of our lives bring you glory,
and may others enjoy the melody
and join in the celebration of song.
Father, perhaps hardest of all to be thankful for
Are the gift of trials.
Thank you for trials.
Like work,
we are strengthened by them
and like work,
if gone through in your strength
and for your glory,
much can be accomplished…
May I see the gift of each trial.
May I learn to trust you
and grow in faith
as each one is used
to bring about good for my life.
Father, thank you for this life,
for Jesus
the beautiful expression of your love
for me,
your commitment to my success
and salvation.
Thank you for the Holy Spirit,
my comforter and guide.
Thank you for all the expressions of love
you show me each day.
I want to be a child who values each gift
and be a good steward of the treasures
placed in my care.
Thank you for your will,
I want to walk more fully in it.
Thank you for your favor,
I want to rest and worship near you.
Thank you for adoption,
that you would choose me,
and call me your own
this is amazing
beyond words…
I love you Father,
thank you for this day,
the possibilities that lay before me.
Thank you for your friendship,
my companion and guide.
I want to give back to the giver.
Please take my life,
I will live it only for you.
Please take my heart full of gratitude.
Please take my tears,
I pour them at your feet.
I surrender to the one
who has given me all things…

c  Kimberly Damon 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment